Monday, October 13, 2014

Hoarding

         It's safe to say I married a hoarder. S has a very hard time throwing anything away or going through things. We both know it's a psychological response to how he was treated as a child. The hardest part for me isn't the clutter, even though that does drive me crazy. The hardest part is the mental and emotional anguish he suffers when he has to go through things and get rid of them. Each time we do this it's like he's reliving the emotional abuse he suffered before his parents adopted him and it makes my heart break.

         Now that we are getting ready for our home study, we really have to clean and purge. I know this was overwhelming for S, but he did so good! He threw things away, made a garage sale pile, a donation pile, and truly evaluated why he was keeping things. Now that our little love baby is closer to coming home, S explained that he doesn't ever want our kids to accumulate stuff like he does. My husband never ceases to amaze me and I love his selfless spirit more and more each day!

#MicroblogMonday's

4 comments:

  1. What a fantastic second part to the story. Good for S! You guys are one step closer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really beautiful. Great short post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing gesture of love for your future child(ren).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my - that's such a hard thing for some people to do! Letting go of things is tough enough for most people, but when there's an extra emotional component - well, Congrats to S for taking on the challenge

    ReplyDelete