Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Selfless love

         Most guys like cars. My guy loves cars! Skyler has always had a fascination with cars, can fix pretty much anything with wheels given enough time, and is what some may refer to as a gear head. A couple of months ago Skyler bought a really awesome sports car that he has always wanted. I told him if we bought this car it would be his birthday, Christmas, Valentine's Day, anniversary, and anything else present for the next 5 years! I also thought he deserved it since he'll be getting his degree this year after working very hard to get it for the past few years. Even though I might have not seen the awesomeness of this car like he did, we still bought it and he was super excited!

         Well a couple of months go by and we're now paying our RE (reproductive endocrinologist or infertility doctor) hundreds of dollars each visit. Anyone who has gone through this knows how expensive infertility treatments can be. So as we were waiting for my ultrasound technician to come in yesterday, Skyler explained that he was thinking of selling his new car. He talked about how he sees the impracticality of it, how it will be a project car because it is older, and how at this time we don't really need another car. Needless to say I was shocked that he said this since this was his dream car!

         We talked more about it today and he said, "I don't need this kind of car right now. We have more important things to worry about and to put our money towards." This is the exact reason why I love this man so much. Skyler loves me just as Jesus loved the church. I know it might not seem like a big deal to a lot of people that he's selling a car, but it's so much more than that. By selling this car he's putting a dream on hold for me so that we can work towards our dream of beginning a family. Skyler's selfless love never ceases to amaze me.

         So thank you baby, from the bottom of my heart. You mean the world to me and I hope you know how much I love you. I promise to get you that sports car again some day, and hopefully when that day comes you'll have a little buddy who can help you work on it :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment